Pittsburgh Coalition for Dynamic Psychotherapy - "Clinic Without Walls"
Clinic Without Walls is a nonprofit organization offering reduced-fee, psychodynamic psychotherapy for adults, adolescents, and children in the Pittsburgh community.
The mission of Clinic Without Walls is to provide affordable, long-term psychodynamic psychotherapy to individuals in the Greater Pittsburgh community which will enhance their level of social and occupational functioning and productivity within the community.
Who Might Benefit From Psychodynamic Psychotherapy?
There are many reasons individuals may seek treatment, such as:
- Problems achieving long-term success in relationships or developing satisfactory relationships
- Difficulty achieving success in work or school settings, despite potential ability
- Recurrent anxiety or panic attacks
- Recurrent episodes of depression
- Struggles of child-rearing issues
- Difficulty coping with change or transition
This is not an exhaustive list and should not prevent you from applying if your problems differ from those provided as an example.
Who might be better served by other types of therapy?
- Individuals in crisis, or who need a structured environment to ensure their safety
- Individuals who are stuggling with substance abuse issues
- Those suffering from cognitive impairment or psychosis
The application process begins with a brief phone interview.
Once accepted, the patient is assigned a resident from Allegheny General Hospital or Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic. There may be a waiting period between the intake call and the first appointment. During the first appointment, the patient will be asked to complete several forms.
Referrals are accepted from:
- Patients themselves
- Clinicians in the community
- Parents or other responsible parties
- Schools, colleges, or universities
- Other sources
There is a reduced fee of $25.00 per session. The fee can further be reduced when the patient completes a "Request for Reduced Fee Application" that is provided by the clinician.
Insurance is not accepted.
Patients are seen at the training sites of their clinicians, either Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side, or Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic in Oakland.
Number of Sessions
There is no limit placed on the number of sessions in which the individual may be seen.
For more information, or to begin the application process, contact:
Naomi Herman, MSW